I almost forgot to mention a very crucial detail in the whole new job ordeal.
I brought muffins to my interview.
I hereby dub these muffins
DomestiKatie's Good Luck Muffins: aka Whole Wheat Cranberry Orange Muffins
1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons grated orange zest
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 lightly beaten eggs
1 cup dried or fresh cranberries, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the margarine or butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, and orange zest.
4. In another large bowl, mix the orange juice, applesauce, eggs, and cranberries, if desired. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
5. Evenly divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle each muffin with the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before serving.
*A tip I learned from Howtoeatacupcake: add half of the cranberries to half of the orange juice and microwave until hot. drain off the OJ, and puree the cranberries a little bit, then add to the mixture. It adds little extra bright flavor to the batter!
The cupcakes turned out amazing, especially the brown sugar cinnamon crumble on top!
I wish I had taken a picture of these, but they went wayyy too fast for me to capture them. :)
Weekend Watch: The Maker Monster Invades YouTube
2 hours ago